Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pennyroyal Farms

A quick note this morning. We are packing and preparing for our little trip to Pennyroyal Farms...the cottage that Wes & Missy rented for the weekend. This is what I know about it...
( I will annotate in red where the wording might be confusing. I took this off the website. )http://www.greatplacestostay.com.au/ex_frameset.asp?url=www.pennyroyalfarminfo.com&title=Pennyroyal+Farm






  • Huge sundecks with outdoor furniture and BBQs
  • Pet friendly Full entertainment centre

  • Wood burning heater and ample firewood
  • Cork floors in main room, bathroom and laundry

  • Soaring timber ceilings

  • Leather furniture Linen and towels supplied

  • Reverse cycle air-conditioner and ceiling fans

  • DVD player

  • Auto wash machine ( I think this is a big deal over here )


  • Sleeping: Sleeps 6 • Two queen bedrooms downstairs

  • Ensuite shower and toilet to master bedroom ( ensuite means bathroom in your room. Potty is called toilet...and that includes a public restroom....it is referred to as a toilet )

  • All beds have feather doonas and electric blankets. ( I will let you know when I get there but I assume a doonas is a comforter. Electric could be good as cold as I have been. :-)

  • Two single beds in galley bedroom (may be unsuitable for the very young or the elderly)

  • Carpeted bedrooms.

  • Kitchen: Microwave • Stove • Crockery & cutlery • Basic kitchen supplies • Cypress-slab benches.

  • Bathrooms: Full-sized bath in separate bathroom • Separate toilet

  • Picturesque valley with trout fishing Peace and quiet Pet friendly bushwalks ( I can only assume a bushwalk is a country side walk..... but it is intriguing...and I will let you know what I find out )

  • Two local pick-your-own berry gardens (cafe open seasonally) ( how fun!)

  • A central base to explore the forests and waterfalls of the Otway Ranges by car About 20 minutes from the coast and several golf courses ( that sounds exciting!)

  • Walk to the country general store and dog-friendly cafe and bar ( what did I tell you about dogs....and the same goes for Mums. :-)
The Pennyroyal Valley is a world apart from the bustling resort town of Lorne and the Great Ocean Road, yet within easy reach of all the coast has to offer.
Pennyroyal is next to the main inland road (between Lorne, Birregurra and Colac), 20 minutes from Lorne and 90 minutes from Melbourne's Westgate Bridge.
( here is the map.....not that it will mean that much to you...other than the interesting names. If you look on the Australian Map.....it is down at the southern tip.... southwest following the coast of the bay from Melbourne)

We are taking Wally with us....as it is pet friendly.... I am dashing about trying to get things done before Missy comes home so we can make one last grocery store run. I run repeatedly to the pokey washing macine....willing it to work faster. I will take lots of photos....and will not blog again until Sunday.

Have a Blessed & Glorious weekend!

Elaine

No comments:

JOYMOUNTAIN

JOYMOUNTAIN