Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hello Everyone!
I have arrived safely to beautiful Australia. I got in yesterday morning a little after 8 am. My trip over was long but good. My original flight was cancelled due to the bad weather in Dallas but they were able to get me on another although it was routed through Auckland, New Zealand. We arrived there and with only about an hour or so lay over we made our final distance. On the first leg of the trip all the seats were full but the final three hours of the trip I had two seats to myself and could stretch out. That was pure heaven. As always the service was amazing and the plane remarkable.

Wes & I connected at the Melbourne airport and before I knew it I was meeting Missy & Wally Boy in front of the house for greetings and big hugs. After quickly washing up I had my brand new little granddaughter in my arms. I told her straight off I had come a very long way to see her and only tears of joy, not words, can describe my first moments as I smelled her new baby skin and explored the wonder of this beautiful God given creation. I find myself soaking up memories to last me when I leave her until I see her again.

Later on, as Missy & I unloaded a suitcase full of baby things carefully selected for this moment, Wes made a trip to Lullabelle’s for a caramel latte and scones loaded with berries that melted in my mouth. We tried for hours to catch up on 6 months worth of very action packed living. I loved hearing them each share in their own words all they experienced with the birth and delivery. Wally had his say, as he shared the excitement and anxiety he was experiencing with all the recent events. I enjoyed watching Kate as we talked…doing what babies do best.... sleeping, eating and nappy ( diaper ) changes.


Missy decided we should make a trip up to the store for some items she needed and while Wes watched our little one we set off to the local Safeway…only this trip….I was the driver! I have driven the British way before but that in no way qualified me. The drive there was painful for Missy, but not due to the discomforts of the car ride but rather because she was laughing so hard. Needless to say, remembering which side of the street to stay on, particularly on the turns, and trying to figure out how to stay in my lane…. perched on the wrong side of the car, were some of my challenges. I won’t even discuss the round a bouts. We both laughed till we cried about it. On our return we had Wes' famous fajitas with guacamole & ranch beans.

My first night was good. I had a rendezvous with my granddaughter at 3 am while her folks got some much needed sleep. Wally stayed in my room and we wrestled the blankets from each other all night and by 7 am I welcomed morning. Pumpkin seed toast and raspberry jam with French press coffee never was so good. The house is all awake now…and we are making plans for the day. The local council is sending a midwife over (obstetric nurse) and then we will go to Baby Bunting to purchase a few things.

Thank you again for all the prayers as I made my way over the pacific to my sweet family and for our time here.

Until my next blog,

Elaine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOHHHH how we envy you. Please send them our love and joy from us here in Mesquite.

We love you all,

Uncle Jeff, Aunt Dee Dee,
and Cousins Pierson and Ashton

JOYMOUNTAIN

JOYMOUNTAIN