The day our newest of four granddaughters was born, her brother Johnathan woke up and said
" Today I am going to meet Christina." My introduction to this beautiful child was pretty special too. As I came along side the bed to see her, she turned to the sound of my voice. I was totally smitten the minute I looked into her beautiful eyes. How does one so little wrap themselves around your heart?
Beaming and full of smiles Johnathan proclaimed that it was a very important day and how right he was. He marveled that Christina had a hat and a blanket. He had no idea she would come so well equipped... Momma & Daddy let him hold the precious bundle and " I'll take care of you" was written all over his face.
Proud Grandpa and Big Daddy taking a closer look
Johnathan got to help push Christina's bed to the nursery for her newborn checkup. He was very proud and protective of his Big Brother responsibility.
The nurse behind the big window where Christina was being weighed and measured showed Johnathan everything they were doing. Now he was convinced everyone knew about his important role as Big Brother. They weighed his baby sister, measured her and put some sort of liquid in her eyes. Johnathan stood quietly a long time supervising every action. He also began to compare his baby with the one in the bed next to Christina. It was clear to him his baby was perfect. He was concerned about that other one though and not sure what to say he remarked, " That baby has a boo boo. " :)
Proud Family
No comments:
Post a Comment